Derpbike Flashgame

Derpbike is a simple flash game where a genetic algorithm is used to build a car.

Every generation has 20 cars and the genes of the best of them are used for the next generation, so the evolution goes on and on. The cars have to manage a route with different ups and downs, getting constantly harder. The first few generations are almost every time full of fail, they can't manage it to get very far. But after 10 or 20 generations is it easy for the high evolved cars to manage the first 100 meters of the route. It's so addictive, although you can't do much. You can only set the mutation level in each generation. The cars' colors show the crossover and mutation for each member of the population and the number in brackets show the goal for this generation, and if a car reaches this goal, its genes can be very useful for the next generation.

Version 1.2 is the newest, but i prefer the old one. In 1.2 you can set different options like the number of wheels for a car. The old version has always 2 wheels for a car.

LINK: Version 1.0 (two wheels)
Version 1.2 (with more wheels)

21 Kommentare:

Tsipise said...

I've been playing this. Let it run through the night to see what came out. interesting stuff. There is a version 2 somewhere on the 'net.

What a wonderful world said...

Funny but maybe too hard for me. :)

beyondhiphop said...

game looks like a good tiem

Zakk said...

This is super fun!

Viking Leader said...

Oh I freaking love Derpbike

and then there was METAL said...

zomg

MRanthrope said...

I don't know if I'd be down to play this one...

cooperlife said...

Wow, I keep seeing these images posted on imageboards but I never get the point of it. I guess it's all in the algorithm baby!

Unknown said...

I've seen this game so much and I've never got a chance to play it. I should check it out!

Anonymous said...

DerpBikes... that game was fun. It takes a long time though.

"CAN I BE CAR TOO HUURRR" lol

Chris said...

A game that challenges the mind....im in!

Kicking Rocks said...

looks like fun!

Isaac said...

Been playing this too,l cool little game

efren said...

Hahaha, Derpbike. I'll give it a try.

James Morgan said...

I recently discovered this game. If you let it run overnight you will get some interesting results.

Brightview said...

I'll try it

Pawawanpi said...

I think I'll pass on this game.

mrecan said...

wow this is so addicting man
thanks

jonwinters said...

i had fun playing it...

GregMitchell said...

yeah i've seen this game around alot aswell, will need to check it out sometime.

What a wonderful world said...

This game is a little bit too complicated for me. ;)

Post a Comment