EA wants to buy Minecraft

Electronic Arts are interesting in buying Mojang, the developer of Minecraft.

The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EA, John Riccitiello, met Markus "Notch" Persson in Sweden to offer him a deal. EA wants to buy Mojang, like they have already bought the game developer PopCap Games.
Markus "Notch" Persson said in an interview with Develop-Online that he has no interest in this deal at all. Their both intentions were way too different to work together, although Notch likes EA's games and would play them, too. The deal is off.

Source: gamers.at

10 Kommentare:

Zombie said...

NOOOOOOO!!! Dont do it Minecraft...

Diego Sousa said...

irrelevant to me :P

my day in a sentence said...

Well, good. It would suck if they bought Minecraft. For some reason, I'm imagining Minecraft with better graphics. :D

Electric Addict said...

Don't give in minecraft!!!

MRanthrope said...

doin it for the $$$$$

Tony Van Helsing said...

I don't even know what Minecraft is, I'm out of my depth.

breffmint said...

I hope Notch sticks to his opinion.

Dan said...

I doubt Notch would give in, he's generated so much income with Minecraft, their wouldn't be any real point.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Good for Notch. I don't think Minecraft or future games would be what they are if they were big, corporately made games.

Rendakor said...

Glad Notch is holding out; it'd be a shame to see what EA would do to MC.

Post a Comment